Thursday, October 26, 2006

"It's a Beautiful Day..."

"...don't let it get away."

[Sorry, this entry is meant to be for Wednesday, the 25th, but it's past midnight. When I refer to the day, I'm talking about yesterday.]

Seemed like 2 was the number of the day. Why? Read on...
So I woke up excited today for two reasons.

1.) "T" was getting in today.
2.) The sun was shining in brightly through my window.

Unfortunately, the first reason turned out to be a bust when I checked my email. Some minor problems, but she should be here towards the end of the week. Actually, I don't want to say anything anymore because I don't want to jinx it. Don't worry...I'll let you know when she arrives. To celebrate, maybe we'll have a parade for her. j/k

OK so I was really happy about the sun because...

1.) It's been cloudy/rainy for the past few weeks.
2.) I'm from CA-- SoCal in fact and we're spoiled with the sunshine.

While walking back from lunch, I just kept staring at the clear sky (see photo above), which seems to be a rarity around here at this time of year.

Since I didn't know when the weather would be so nice again, especially since it's getting colder, I decided to go out and take pictures. So, with my camera in hand, I spent the afternoon walking around town snapping photos of anything that looked pretty/interesting/colorful. I think I got a lot of stares because:

1.) I was taking pictures of everything so I looked really touristy.
2.) I'm Asian.

Although, I guess some would argue that because I'm Asian, I take pictures of everything. Well whatever, because you would take a lot of pictures if you were in a new country too. Also, unless you see me posing in photos holding up the typical peace sign, you can't throw me into the stereotype. I think that's fair...

I'll just post a few pictures because they're really not all that interesting. I seriously took pictures of plants and flowers. Anyway, this one to the right is kind of funny because I was walking on this road and I saw some really pretty trees up ahead so I kept going. I crossed over some railroad tracks, passed through a gateway, and found myself in a cemetary. Good thing it was the daytime because otherwise, I might have been a little spooked.

Back to the story--I was in a cemetary. But it was so nice and charming that I kept walking around. Don't get any weird thoughts...this was a first for me. I don't normally go strolling through cemetaries. Anyway, I couldn't help but look at some of the tombstones and I noticed that they were from the 1700s. I'm sure there were even older ones, but visiting other countries always reminds me of how young the United States is compared to the rest of the world.

Anyway, so that's it. We have a game on Sunday in the southern part of Sweden again. It'll be another long bus ride, but we'll have movies to pass the time. Last time, we watched The Hot Chick and Shanghai Noon.

This is a dock with some boats. The buildings towards the left of the photo (the grey and red ones) are part of the museum.




Look at those dark clouds creeping in trying to ruin my nice day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home