Saturday, October 07, 2006

In Sweden

Hi everyone. I finally made it to Sweden. I am in a small town called Uddevalla, which is on the west coast of the country. It's a small town, but very nice and cute. "T" will be here soon. The name of the team that we are playing for is HF Kroppskultur. We have a game on Sunday in the southern part of Sweden; they told me it's about a 5 hour drive.

I talked to some of the girls on the team last night and they were all so nice. Everyone here has been really good and helpful--always checking up on me and making sure that I'm okay. For the most part, they all speak a little bit of English, some are better than others. They told me that I should watch Idol, which is the Swedish version of our American Idol. I guess there is a guy from Uddevalla named Eric, who is one of the finalists. Anyway, I found out that these girls are a lot like us. They like a lot of the same shows, which are American...Idol, The OC, Prison Break, Grey's Anatomy, etc. hahaha good times...

I only have a few minutes left at the internet cafe so I will post pictures of our apartment/flat next time. For now, I'll show you guys this. It's so bad, but so funny at the same time. I couldn't resist. As we all know Kya and how happy and fun she is, for some reason, she just didn't like getting her passport picture taken. The lady got so flustered that I had to go back and use the camera, while "T" bribed her with a lollipop. Sadly, this was the best shot...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home