Sunday, October 15, 2006

Good Times

For those of you that don't know, "wnt" = Women's National Team. Check us out at www.usateamhandballwomen.com.

OK, so Friday, we had a home game against a team called Somby/Skövde. We started the match strong and played well. We beat them 33-26.

On Saturday, some of my teammates and I went to a shopping center called Torp, which is right outside of Uddevalla--kind of like the American version of a mall. That night, we also had our team party for the season. It was a great time with the team, just socializing and joking around. I even learned some Swedish, like "skål" (pronounced "skoal"), which means "cheers!" Everyone on the team has been really great in making me feel welcome. It makes it a lot easier getting used to a new country. Here are some pictures from the party.

Jenny, Maria, Lina, Anna, and me

Jenny, Sissi, Mikaela, Helena

Eva, Linda, and Malin

The "Cosmo Girls"-- Lina, Maria, and Anna

Anki, Johanna, and me

Niclas ("Gonza"), Helena, Jocke, Johanna, Anki, and Lina

Our coach, Fredrik, but everyone calls him "Hubba," and Helena

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennie!!!

Haha nice pics from the party!! Hoped u had fun! Me and Helena went to Harrys and GG´s to clubs. Met a lots of old classmates it was cool! See u on trainin tomorrow!!
Nite nite!

 
At 11:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennie! I see they believe in Coke in Sweden. This pleases me endlessly... :)

Keep kicking ass for the WNT.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home